Friday, September 28, 2007

Skillet's got some 'splaining to do!

OK, I wasn't the only food fan declaring their love for Skillet Street Food. This new operation got some warm and fuzzy ink in The Stranger and The Seattle Weekly.

But the more I learn about the violations that temporarily shut them down, the bigger my hunger to know: "What were you thinking guys??"

The red critical violations cited by the health department were:

No hot water available at the hand sink
Burger patties stored over salad
Potentially hazardous food stored at room temperature
Burger patties were above 41F
Working with raw meat without sanitizer set up

There's more on this link.

That's some pretty serious food handling no-no's and these guys should definitely know better. I talked to one of the owners earlier this week and he said addressing these issues were on the front burner.

I hope so. I really don't want Skillet to be just a flash in the pan.

No comments: